Skip the store-bought seasoning packets as they tend to have sugar or cornstarch. This recipe is very simple and if you make it in bulk, it’s easy to use quickly on the fly.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1.5 tablespoons cumin
- 1.5 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (less makes a more mild seasoning, more takes the spice up a notch)
- Combine all the ingredients, mixing well and store in an airtight container. Use 2 tablespoons of this mixture to flavor 1 pound of ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
Yield: About 8 tablespoons, or 4 batches worth. 2 tablespoons will add just under 2 grams of carbohydrates to a 4 ounce serving of taco meat.